Supporting Mental Health in the Workplace
Supporting education workers, especially during these uncertain times, means providing a safe, compassionate and inclusive environment.
We’ve put together a list of tools and resources to help you support your teams with their mental health and well-being.
Visit asebp.ca/mentalhealth for info, community resources and support for individuals with mental health concerns.
Questions? Contact your school division’s Workplace Wellness Consultant for support or to inquire about additional services, including customized presentations and learning opportunities for your wellness champions and leadership teams.
Crisis Support & Resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health or addiction, please reach out for support. In an emergency or crisis, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
Important Phone Numbers: toll-free available 24/7 (translation services available)
- Addiction Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
- Crisis and Distress Lines:
- Edmonton and area: 780-482-HELP (4357)
- Red Deer north: 1-800-232-7288
- Calgary and Red Deer south: 403-266-HELP (4357)
- Southwestern Alberta: 403-327-7905 or toll-free 1-888-787-2880
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
- Health Link: 811
- Addiction and mental health services in Edmonton or Calgary Zone can be accessed by:
- Access 24/7 at 780-424-2424 - Edmonton
- Distress Centre at 403-266-HELP (4357) - Calgary
- Alberta 211: Connects Albertans to social and support resources such as financial resources or community and government information.
Mental Health Resources for Workplaces
Healthier Together (Alberta Health Services): toolkits to support different aspects of workplace health
Bell Let’s Talk: tools and templates for talking about mental health and reducing stigma
Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month: ideas to support positive workplace practices and wellness culture
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety: facts sheets, posters, e-learning, webinars and more
EdCan Well @ Work: showcases research, policy and practice that results in healthier, happier, and more resilient K-12 staff
Guarding Minds at Work: resources to assess and respond to psychological health and safety in the workplace
My Workplace Health: activities, e-courses and short reading guides to support workplace mental health
Workplace Strategies for Mental Health: strategies and tools for employers to support employee mental health and well-being