Crisis Support & Resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health or addiction, please reach out for support. In an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
Important Phone Numbers: toll-free, available 24/7 (translation services available)
- Alberta 211: Get information and referrals to social, health or government services in your community or local area, including crisis support. Available in over 170 languages.
- Mental Health Crisis and Distress Lines: Provides confidential, non-judgmental and short-term crisis intervention, emotional support and resources to people in crisis or distress. They also support family, friends and caregivers of people in crisis.
- Edmonton and area: 780-482-HELP (4357)
- Calgary and area: 403-266-HELP (4357)
- Rural and northern Alberta: 1-800-232-7288
- Southwestern Alberta: 403-327-7905 or toll-free 1-88-787-2880
- Online chat is also available
- Alberta Addiction Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
- Confidential service providing support, information and referrals to Albertans experiencing addiction concerns, including problem gambling.
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
- Confidential, anonymous service providing support, information and referrals to Albertans experiencing mental health concerns.
- Addiction and mental health services in Edmonton and Calgary Zones can be accessed by:
- Access 24/7 at 780-424-2424 - Edmonton
- Distress Centre at 403-266-HELP (4357) - Calgary
- Health Link 811: Provides free, confidential medical advice from a registered nurse.
- Other important numbers:
- First Nation and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868, text CONNECT to 686868, or online chat
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service: 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645
- Brite Line is a 2SLGBTQIA+ specific distress line in Edmonton: 1-844-702-7483
- Wellness Together Canada Crisis Support: Text WELLNESS to 741741