Since Nutrition Month’s campaign theme changes annually, a great start is to build off of that theme. This year’s theme is Unlock the Potential of Food and the goal is to “realize the potential of food to fuel, discover, prevent, heal and bring us together.” You can find numerous resources to promote the campaign on the Dietitians of Canada website, all of which can be incorporated easily into your initiative such as recipes, fact sheets and posters you can order.
Additionally, you can also:
- Spread the word by taking a picture with the campaign's "Take the Challenge" certificate and share it on social media with the hashtag #NutritionMonth
- Visit Alberta Health Services' Healthy Eating Starts Here website
- If possible, reach out to your school dietitian as they can provide support, training and share resources
- Promote the nutrition counselling services through your Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Engage with other health champions across the province on the Sandbox forum. The forum's a great way to learn from other's experience and also share ideas and initiatives happening in your school and workplace