During the last few weeks of December, it’s only natural to start reflecting on the year that was. It’s also prime time for annual ‘Top 10’ lists—recalling everything from top songs of the year to top news stories. So, we figured we’d join the trend and tackle The Sandbox’s top workplace wellness topics of 2019! What are they, you ask? Drum roll, please…
- Those Who Team Together—Thrive Together. The most read blog of the year was all about creating (and maintaining) a strong team, including practical tips for successful team building.
- Changing School Culture, One Step at a Time. One of our friends over at Ever Active Schools, Chris Fenlon-MacDonald, shared his ‘Don’t Walk in the Hallway’ initiative and the learnings around physical activity culture that resulted from this creative idea.
- Broaden the Focus: Social Connection and Workplace Wellness. This blog focused on our basic human need of social connection, with suggestions for fostering social connection in the workplace.
- Wellness Poster Series. This batch of ready-to-share posters touches on every dimension of wellness.
- 10-Minute Wellness Activity Series: Glad Minute. Promote the magic of gratitude with this activity—it only takes a (glad) minute!
- 10-Minute Wellness Activity Series: Creating Social Connection. Use this resource to kick-start a wellness session and learn something new about a member of your group at the same time.
Now that you know what was most popular in the ‘Box, you can start to see the workplace wellness themes that piqued the interest of wellness champs in 2019—like social connection and gratitude. Have any predictions of what the themes for 2020 might be? Share below!