Getting our colleagues excited about making time for wellness may seem like a big job sometimes. But it doesn’t have to be! The Sandbox is full of resources that can help your wellness committee fit in healthy activities whenever and wherever they can—let’s dig in!
- 10-Minute Wellness Series. Everyone can spare 10 minutes for wellness—especially when the activities are fun and useful! Check out activities you can squeeze in when you and your colleagues are pressed for time by simply searching '10-minute' on the resources page.
- Encourage Walking. Incorporating movement throughout the day doesn’t have to mean breaking a sweat every time. It can be as simple as walking around the room while talking in a meeting or class or setting your default printer to one that’s in a different area of the office. Check out Are you Sitting Too Much at Work? for more ideas on getting your co-workers out of their chairs.
- Organize Active Breaks. Speaking of adding more movement, breaks are the perfect time to organize some quick wellness activities. Whether it’s a yoga sequence or some stretching, active breaks can give everyone a quick burst of energy to help them fly through the rest of their day.
- Bring Wellness Where the People Are. Having a meeting? Everyone knows one sure-fire way to get people to show up is to bring food! But what about healthy choices? Check out Alberta Health’s Eat Smart Meet Smart resources for some delicious ideas.
- Motivation is Key. Everyone benefits from reminders that help them see wellness as a priority, so why not share this infographic about the impact teacher health has on the school community as a whole? Or this video, 23 and ½ Hours: What is the Single Best Thing we can do for our Health?, about the positive impact just 30 minutes of daily physical activity can have?
At the end of the day, wellness shouldn’t be just one more thing to ‘get done.’ Build initiatives into your wellness program that show people how easy it is no matter how busy they are!