August can be bittersweet: fall is around the corner, yet there’s still so much valuable summer time to enjoy. Navigating through these opposing forces can take away from the much needed “recharge time” required to give your all during the busy season ahead. It’s times like these where mindfulness practices and self-care come in handy, getting you and your team ready for the next school year. And remember, the best way to enjoy the downtime is to be present in the moment.
To help you enjoy the end of the summer with the same zest you had at the start, we did the heavy lifting—okay fine, some light digging—to find some great tips for you and your teammates:
- Start with a mindful morning—you don’t even have to change your routine!
- Take a minute to thoughtfully redirect your energy across all dimensions of wellness—including your environment.
- Do what works best. Self-care isn’t a one-size-fits-all deal, so shift your focus away from other people’s ideas and look for inspiration instead.
- Remember, you’re being productive even by not being productive. Give yourself time to relax and recharge—both are important when you’re in the business of looking out for others.
- Take a moment to be in the moment.
Although these tips are handy now, they’re also worth keeping in your back pocket for the moments when you and your teammates feel overwhelmed.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!