Thanksgiving’s already under our belts (literally), Halloween’s creeping up and the mercury's starting to plunge. We all know what that means—cocooning season is upon us! While it’s tempting to eat comfort foods (pumpkin EVERYTHING!) and adopt a cold-weather attitude of solitude and hunkering down, it doesn’t have to be that way. Keeping things upbeat and social at work can be a great way to transition to times of colder weather as the months move on in the school year. To help you in this endeavour, we’ve pulled together some ways to keep the positive workplace wellness vibes going this autumn.
- It’s team time! Get your group together for a fun team-building activity. A Halloween bake-off, a bowling tournament or even something spontaneous like a ladder ball game at work can be a great stress buster and a fun and unexpected way to connect with your co-workers.
- Don’t forget the healthy snacks. At this time of year, it can be refreshing to share healthy and creative foods at work. You can make it a challenge or incorporate a fun theme (e.g. something spooky, Mexican fiesta, etc.).
- Stop and take a breath. There are lots of things on the go personally and professionally this time of year, so don’t forget to take a break! Get your team to share break ideas with each other to help foster positive habits and encourage people to find something that works for them.
- Find time in the day for physical activity. Check out some ideas like these to get your team involved in a group or individual challenge, or start something easy like a weekly walking club. You and your team will benefit from the brain boost.
- The best ‘you’ is you. When it all comes down to it, the best way to feel good is to just be yourself and encourage others to do the same. Being authentic is contagious and builds trust among team members.
Hopefully we’ve given you some things to ponder over your pumpkin spice latte. Ride the good vibes and stay warm, fellow wellness warriors!