Yes, folks, it’s true! We’re finally on the road to brighter, greener days and, as The Beatles aptly put it, it feels like years since it’s been here. According to reports, this has been a long, cold, lonely winter—no need for radio hosts and TV anchors to tell us that one!
Let’s bask in the sunshine and use this time to rally colleagues to get outside and move while the air is warm and the grass is (getting) green. Here are a few ways to ignite that spring spark with your teammates:
- Look no further. Need ideas? Take a peek through this resource for some great workplace physical activities to do in just 10 minutes.
- Host outdoor meetings. Walking meetings make for great brainstorm time. Here’s a handy blog to get help those pedometers prepared for your next stellar meeting.
- Work on your pacing. Think about how a body holds up in a marathon and use this metaphor to get your team through the rest of the school year. Colleen Wright has some food for thought in helping your team get to the finish line.
- Move your mood. Is your group a little competitive? If so, Lorna Muise has some great game ideas to help your team get a little more active while at work.
- Take it inward. Bask in the sunshine as your group works on mindfulness. It’s a great activity to try solo or with your team. Ask your colleagues to bring a picnic blanket or two to your nearest greenspace and let this resource do the rest.
With the home stretch of summer holidays close at hand, there’s no better time to shed those winter layers and get outside, even if it’s just for a 10-minute walk around the block with a colleague or a quick breath of fresh air. We know we’re not the only ones singing “Here Comes the Sun” as we see the buds a-bloomin’ and we hope these ideas will help you all enjoy it too!