What’s not to love about spring?! Things are blooming and the sun is shining. And yes, it’s oh so nice to be on the other side of winter and enjoy our time outdoors. Living in such a beautiful province makes it easy to fall in love with this season—and the whole planet too! April 22 marks this year’s Earth Day celebrations. What an appropriate time to talk about all the ways you and your teammates can celebrate too.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
How can you infuse some Earth-friendly ideas into your wellness plans this season? To help kick-off your brainstorming sessions, check out some of these handy tips that already live in The Sandbox:
- Relish the sunshine. Get outside for the best kind of prescription. You’ll thank us later.
- Take a hike. Or, if hikes are a little too much for a work meeting or you’re too far away from these worldly wonders, take a walk around the block.
- Get back to your roots. Host a tree planting event in your workplace.
- Bust out your green thumb. Create a community garden and get your workplace involved. Did you know that the effects of gardening help calm the mind and are a great team-building activity? If you don’t have a ton of green space to work with, consider some air-purifying plants on window sills.
- Channel your inner re-user. Offices generally become wasteful places with the build-up of old office supplies like binders and whatnot. Host a reuse/recycle fair by creating a give-away table for staff to donate their gently used items to either become someone else’s treasure or to send off to the recycle centre.
Never a Terra-ble Idea
No matter how you celebrate Earth Day, get outside and enjoy our province’s scenery with your colleagues. Your minds and bodies will thank you. For a little extra inspiration, check out the EarthPLAY page on the Earth Day website for a plethora of physical activity ideas. It may spark some creative ideas to help you and your teammates get outside this spring and summer for team-building activities, meetings or brainstorm sessions—it’s a win-win! What ways will you celebrate with your colleagues?